School Advisory Board
Saint Dominic Catholic School
The purpose of the St. Dominic School Advisory Board (refer to “The Board” in the rest of the document) is to encourage, assist and promote the implementation of policies encompassing the threefold purpose of Christian education:
- To proclaim the message revealed by God and to promote and live as a faith community;
- To ensure that St. Dominic School’s is faithful to its mission as a Catholic school.
- To promote excellence in education and to help formulate and adopt policies of the educational program that is in accord with the intent and spirit of the policies established for the school system by the Joliet Diocesan Board of Education.
- The School Board will have no fewer than 7 nor more than 10 appointed members. Members are appointed by the canonical pastor after consultation with and upon the recommendation of the School Board. The pastor of St. Dominic and St. Francis Parishes as well as the Principal of St. Dominic School are ex officio, non-voting members of the School Board.
- Lenny Cyranek - Chair
- Mona Hunter
- Jason Koteski
- Diane Matulis
- Sandy Pierce
Tenure of Office
- Each member shall serve a term of three years, renewable for a second term. After the second term, there must be a one-year interval before the individual is again eligible for board membership.
- Advocacy of IL Tax Credit Scholarship Program
- Replacing the Gym Roof
- Reviewing/Revising the Strategic Plan
- Advising the Principal on School Projects
- Technology Survey