for Catholic School Students
1. The Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) for the Diocese of Joliet distributes hundreds of needs-based scholarships each year. Students K-12 are eligible to apply for financial assistance to help cover tuition.
The tuition assistance grants are determined on an annual basis. Families must apply each year in order to be considered. All determinations are based a financial aid analysis based on the grant and aid application from the FACTS Company.
Families are encouraged to complete this application in January and ensure that all required support documentation is submitted by the March 1 deadline.
Please click here or the icon above to be directed
to the Financial Assistance page of the CEF website.
Grant notification letters will be mailed by the end of May.
The award checks will be sent directly to the schools.
More information and links can be found at the Catholic Education Foundation website:
To apply NOW go directly to:
2. Illinois State Tax Credit Scholarship
Visit https://empowerillinois.org/students/how-do-i-apply/ for more details about the two-step application process.
Current scholarship recipients and students who applied in 2019-20 and are currently on the wait list must reapply.
Step 1. Reserve: On January 15 at 7:00 p.m. families will complete a brief one page online reservation form with the following information:
- Parent/Guardian's first and last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Household Address (street, city, state & zip)
- Student's first and last name (families can add additional boxes for as many children for whom the family is applying)
Additionally, there will be three legal disclaimer check boxes at the bottom of the page. Once the page is submitted, the family will receive a timestamp for the first-come, first-served scholarships. The reservation system will be accessible from mobile devices.
Step 2. Apply: After reserving a place in line, families will be emailed a link to login to a parent portal to complete the application.