Catholic Curriculum Standards K-8
Basic principles which inform all Catholic education in the Schools of the Diocese of Joliet are:
- All knowledge, in some way, reflects God’s Truth, Beauty and Goodness.
- Curriculum and instruction enable deeper incorporation of the children into the Church, the formation of community within the school; and respect for the uniqueness and dignity of each person as created in the image of God.
- Education fosters growth in Christian virtue and contributes to development and formation of the whole person in light of his/her ultimate end and the good of the society of which he/she is a member.
- Each subject is to be examined in the context of the Catholic faith and is to be illuminated by Gospel values.
- Learning and formation occur in the Catholic school without separation as does the development of each student on both the natural and supernatural levels.
- Curriculum and instruction seeks to promote a synthesis of faith, life, and culture and to form students as disciples of Jesus.